Contact Me

JRSanders901@gmail.com
twitter: @JRS901
Skype: jessica.rae.sanders

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Blog Post #10

Do You Teach or Do You Educate?
This video explains the difference between being a teacher and being an educator. Teaching is just giving students the information they need to know. But being an educator means so much more. Being an educator is about being a mentor and an advisor.
The reason I chose to be an educator is because I just want to make a difference in someones life. If I could change one childs life, all of the time and money spent on school would be worth it. I want to give my students my all and be more than just a teacher to them. Everyone has that one teacher that they always looked up to that made a difference to them and I want to be that teacher.

Tom Johnson's Don't Let Them Take the Pencils Home
With every problem, there is a solution. I think that this blog post proves that statement true. If you find a solution to the problem it will make things much easier. With the hangman example, we as teachers should be willing to let our students think and learn a little however works for them. I think this was also meant to show how people feel about using computers and technology for school. Like students being distracted and not focusing on the assignment. Students who use the "pencil to play hangman" will probably learn something from doing so in some way. And teachers worry so much about test scores which is not what simportant. Whats important is that these students are LEARNING and GROWING.

to educate

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jessica!
    I want to be an educator as opposed to a teacher as well. There are ENOUGH teachers out there and I sat in many of their boring classrooms. I want to inspire and make a difference. More than anything I want kids to leave my classroom with a better idea of who they are and who they want to become. You said..."If I could change one childs life, all of the time and money spent on school would be worth it". I couldn't agree with you more!
    Great job and good luck!
    -Robin Hendricks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't settle for just one child. You can do more than that!

    "I think this was also meant to show how people feel about using computers and technology for school." That is the central meaning of John's post. It is a metaphor! You got it. Many of your classmates did not. Congratulations.

    Special Assignment #1

    Write a post about why we use metaphors. Give examples in history and literature and even EDM310. Due Sunday November 20, 2011.

    ReplyDelete