Contact Me

JRSanders901@gmail.com
twitter: @JRS901
Skype: jessica.rae.sanders

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Blog Post #6

The Networked Student
This video by Wendy Drexler was definitely an attention grabber. The use of the visuals made it easy to follow and understand. It talked about creating a PLN which we will hae to do in our class as well. It helped me to learn better ways in gathering information and sources for my PLN.

The theory of "connectivism" is where students can collect data and information from other students and people of interest, while also sharing information with them. Students can learn a lot from networking

So why does the networked student even need a teacher? Because the teacher helps provide the student with knowledge he or she will need to search content. She teaches what information is good and what is not. She teaches them what they will need to know to use these skills when they leave her class. A teacher is there to lead you in the right direction. Since technology is changing every day it is important to stay up to date. I am prepared to be a teacher of a networked student, but I myself am willing to learn everyday so I can teach my students what I know.

connected to the world

A 7th Grader's Personal Learning Environment
This 7th grader has everything organized appropriately and it is very important to stay organized! I love that her teacher gives them the freedom to be responsible and not waste their time on social networks. It teaches students to stay on track and use their time wisely.

It is very easy to get off track and not be on time with assignments but with the way she has her PLE set up she can see what she is doing in her class. For my PLN, I will need to stay organized and research more like the girl who created this PLE.

No comments:

Post a Comment