Contact Me

JRSanders901@gmail.com
twitter: @JRS901
Skype: jessica.rae.sanders

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Blog Post #7

Randy Paush's Last Lecture: Achieving Your Childhood Dreams was a very inspirational video. I honestly did not think I could watch a lecture on You Tube for an hour, but Paush made this very interesting. He first started off by giving his story about his cancer and that it was not going to discourage him, but he was going to help others to dream big.

He talks about his childhood dreams of working for NASA, playing in the NFL, and working for Disney. None of these dreams were accomplished, but he explains that he got a lot from not accomplishing them. He also says that experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted. I definitely agree with this statement because you learn a lot from being let down.

He also says "brick walls are there for a reason, they let us prove how badly we want things". To me this is very true. I believe that because if we are let down, it only pushes us to work harder to achieve our goals.

Pausch says it is important to have fun and help others. It is a good way to get people to help you. You can not get to where you're going alone. Pausch says to apologize when you screw up, tell the truth, and apologize when you screw up. When you do the right thing, good stuff has a way of happening. Its not about how to achieve your dreams. its about how to live your life.

In the end of this video Pausch says that the video was not for the audience watching, it was for his kids. This video was truly inspirational and a joy to watch. I learned a lot about reaching my goals and achieving my dreams, as well as how to help others do the same thing.

Randy Pausch quote

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jessica,
    Like yourself, I also enjoyed the lecture. There was no way I would have been able to watch the entire video for a hour. I can barely pay attention in a lecture class for a hour. My favorite part of the whole lecture was the end. For him to leave that for his kids, I believe is the greatest accomplishment of all. Now they will have more than pictures to remember their dad by. Good job, keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete